Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Cook the rice:
1. Boil 2C water.
2. Add rice. Cover and simmer for 17 minutes or until done. Set aside.
Prepare the pineapple:
3. While the rice is cooking, preheat a non-stick skillet until it is very hot.
4. Add the pineapple slice and cook over high heat, for about 2 minutes per side or until brown.
5. Remove from the skillet and cut the pineapple into a fine dice. Reserve for later
Assemble the rice:
6. In a saute pan, heat the oil for about 30 seconds.
7. Add the green onion and garlic and saute for a minute or until the green onion is tender.
8. Add the pineapple, raosted red bell pepper and pineapple juice and boil down until the liquid has almost entirely evaporated.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir the mixture into the cooked rice.